AQuarium Depot's General Terms and Conditions
By using the AQuariumDepot website, you are deemed to have read and accepted the following Terms and agree to comply with and be bound by all applicable laws and regulations, including United States export and re-export control laws and regulations. It is your responsibility to review these Terms periodically. If at any time you find these Terms unacceptable, or if you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use this Site. We may revise these Terms at any time without notice to you. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact our Customer Service Department.
YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, PLACING AN ORDER AND/OR REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE, OR VISITING THE SITE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A PARENT OR GUARDIAN, AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
- AQuariumDepot.com reserves the right to refuse service to any new or existing customer, in its sole discretion, with or without cause.
- AQuariumDepot.com may assign you a password and account identification to enable you to access and use certain portions of this Site. Each time you use a password or identification, you will be deemed to be authorized to access and use the Site in a manner consistent with the Terms, and AQuariumDepot.com has no obligation to investigate the authorization or source of any such access or use of the Site.
- YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS SITE BY ANYONE USING THE PASSWORD AND IDENTIFICATION ORIGINALLY ASSIGNED TO YOU WHETHER OR NOT SUCH ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS SITE IS ACTUALLY AUTHORIZED BY YOU, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSMISSIONS AND ALL OBLIGATIONS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS) INCURRED THROUGH SUCH ACCESS OR USE.
- You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of the password and identification assigned to you. You shall immediately notify AQuariumDepot.com of any unauthorized use of your password or identification or any other breach or threatened breach of this Site's security.
Please understand- we try to keep our site as up to date as possible- however since we specialize in live animals - there are times when they just do not cooperate with us and sit patiently on the shelf waiting to be shipped.
In the event an item/product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or item/product information received from our suppliers,
- AQuariumDepot.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.
- AQuariumDepot.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged or other form of payment tendered. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, AQuariumDepot.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account and or return payment made by any other method in the amount of the charge.
- In the event there is a typographical error regarding a store credit given by an AQuariumDepot agent, AQuariumDepot.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged or other form of payment tendered. Upon the discovery of the transactional error AQuariumDepot will contact you to inform you of such error and make the appropriate changes correct the transactional error to the correct store credit amount
Special offers, discounts and free items are offered solely at the discretion of AquariumDepot.com - If specifics are not stated - it is presumed to be one special offer per shipped order. Multiple orders and / or items will be canceled and refunded.
Please note we do not cover the cost of reshipment of animals claimed under our 14 Day Guarantee (DOA or otherwise). Claims processed under our 14 Day Guarantee are processed for the live items only and do not include original shipping charges as those are the sole responsibility of the customer.
Backordered items will be either shipped separately at no charge or refunded to the original method of payment based on a number of factors (availability, shipment cost, etc.)
Unless stated within the description, the picture(s) of the item(s) for sale are generic pictures of items that we have had at some point. In order to keep costs low we do not take individual pictures of each item for sale. Due to differences in animals the item you receive may not look identical to the picture, however we hand choose each item for health and beauty.
AquariumDepot.com has no control over the products once they leave our premises. AquariumDepot.com has no control over your tank and what you do with the products purchased. We assume no responsibility over any losses due to the addition of any items. Items purchased from AquariumDepot.com are to be used at your own discretion &/or quarantined as directed and advised by the University of Florida Tropical Aquaculture Laboratory as applicable.
On occasion we receive requests for specific gender preferences of animals. Unless advertised as a male or female in the item description there is no guarantee as to the gender of the item you will receive. Some items can be determined rather easily, however we still do not guarantee that you will receive the gender request you have made, and are not liable for any discrepancies about the gender of the item you receive.
We strongly advise including a correct/working phone number with your purchase. This will allow us to include it on the shipping info and you can be contacted by the shipping provider if there is an issue. AQuariumDepot is not responsible for errors, delays or loss in shipping that occur due to incorrect, old or missing destination information enter by the customer on our website or an alternate payment providers website (i.e. Paypal)
Shipping of any item/product ordered through the Site or in connection with your account are subject to the AQuariumDepot.com shipping policies as posted on our website. Returns and or exchanges are not an option for live items sold on this site. Due to the sensitive nature of shipping live animals in or out of the State of Florida, it requires permitting by the carriers and special permits by US Fish & Wildlife, Florida Fish and Wildlife and Fresh from Florida.
We believe in the quality of our livestock. It is in our best interest, based on our commitment to the animals in our care, financially to our company and those we employ, to insure our animals are healthy and pest free. We encourage each customer to do research on the animals they introduce into their ecosystem and understand the requirements of proper water chemistry, tank setup, feeding and how compatible they are with the other members of the environment. It is important to us that any and all factors are reviewed when introducing a new member is not successful.
- Based on that we reserve the right to request the return of the animal in question and we also may ask for a water sample to be submitted to our facility. Shipping for the return and water sample is the responsibility of the customer.
Death of an animal that occurs due to tank incompatibility is not covered under our 14 Day Guarantee.
Claims under our 14 Day Guarantee result in a replacement credit or coupon with our company and are not redeemable for cash and therefore are not eligible for a refund to the original method of payment.
Replacement of items/products and store credit to your account for shipped items/products claimed under our 14 Day Guarantee are subject to our investigation. We will adjust your account at our discretion.
**Repeated claims submitted under our 14 Day Guarantee may result in the cancellation of your account.