The Saltwater Halloween Hermit Crab is a peaceful and easy to care for crab that is great in a reef or invertebrate tank. It is a scavenger that will eat left over detritus on the substrate, and will also eat cyanobacteria and hair algae. The Saltwater Halloween Hermit Crab will also help aerate substrate and help with good bacteria growth.
- COMMON NAME: Halloween Hermit Crab
- SCIENTIFIC NAME: Ciliopagurus strigatus
- SIZE AVAILABLE: ~3/4 inch
- MINIMUM TANK SIZE: 20 gallons
- CARE LEVEL: Moderately easy
- REEF SAFE: Yes
*Also known as Orange Leg Hermit Crab.
*Red legs with bright orange bands.
*Needs a varying size of empty shells to occupy as it grows.